Kinslie Grace made her appearance on Saturday, August 29 at 8:27 in the morning. She decided to make it on her own terms rather than us saying when she would arrive. We planned on being induced Friday night, but I started having contractions Friday afternoon. We just waited to go to the hospital at our scheduled time. They said they couldn't induce me because my contractions were too close together, so we would just wait it out. I was in quite a lot of pain until about 2:00 when they gave me an epidural. After that, everything was fine and dandy and I really didn't feel any pain until she was born. She weighed 7 lbs 7 oz and was 20 3/4 inches long.


We came home Sunday afternoon, but have had to go back to the hospital every day to have a bilirubin test to check for risk of jaundice. Her scores have went up everyday, but the finally stopped climbing today. And we don't have to go back tomorrow. YAY!!! She also had to go to the pediatrician today for her 1 week appointment. She's in the 50th percentile for height and weight. She now weighs 7 lbs 5 oz, after going down to 6 lbs 13 oz on Monday.

The pediatrician gave her permission to start tummy time...I don't think this is the exercise she was speaking of.
I looked at the guessing results, and it looks like grandma Becky is the winner. She had emailed me her guesses. Although, Becky Futrell was close behind. It wouldn've been a tie with the amount of closest answers but Grandma Becky won by guessing her middle name. Good job!
1 comment:
Congratulations to you-she is adorable. Glad everything went well with the birth and that she is doing better now!
Post a Comment