Sunday, July 12, 2009

Busy Weekend

As I'm sitting here typing, I finally have my feet propped up to hopefully make the swelling in my feet go away. (No Cherie, they're not as big as your cankles, that's what I'm hoping to avoid.) This weekend has been very busy, and I don't think the coming weekends are going to be any better. On Saturday, my sister, aunt, and sister-in-law had a baby shower for me and the chubby little girl inside of me. There was a good turnout (thanks to all who came) and I'm now wondering if the baby's room is going to be big enough. I guess I should weed out some of my stuff so she'll have plenty of room. After all, I still have 2 more showers. She got lots of cute outfits and some much needed supplies like diapers, wipes, and bath time goodies. I'll post some pics once someone...hmmm hmmm Kaitlen...emails them to me.

I left with Alan's mom and sister after the shower to go to camp Menoscah with the Eden church group. It's located south of Hutchinson, and I don't believe it could have gotten any hotter or more humid. After an evening of watching several recreational games that people were playing, I decided to try to go to bed. Well, I tried alright, for about an hour and a half. Laying in a tent without air moving and becoming drenched in sweat, I finally fell asleep...then Alan came to bed and I woke up. I went to the bath house to go to the bathroom and then came back for another hour of laying awake. I did finally get about 3 hours of sleep between another bathroom break and the air matress deflating 2 times. Let's just say I was not wide awake for church this morning...which I sweated all the way through. We left right after church and I soaked up the AC. My toes have never been as swollen as they were when I got in the car.

As much as my experience wasn't the greatest, Alan had a good time. Before I got there yesterday, he caught a 25 pound carp (I guess that's big, at least that's what they told me) by hand. Supposedly the old camp record was 8 pounds. Of course, I'm not sure I can believe the whole story, because I have yet to see pictures. :) There were several witnesses, so I guess maybe it's true. He spent the evening playing horseshoes, cards, and dominoes.

After camp we went to Wichita and ate at Chili's. We also went to see his cousin, Chris, in the rehab hospital where he's recovering from a motorcycle accident. He looks much better and is working on getting upper body strength so he can transfer himself from his bed to his wheelchair. He is also thinking that some of the feeling is coming back in his legs. I hope this is true and that he's going to prove the doctors wrong that said he won't ever walk again.

Well that's enough rambling, I have another appointment this week so maybe I'll update later in the week. Stay cool...cause I'm going to stay inside for quite some time.

1 comment:

Shaun & Kaitlen Ortman said...

Well... you are just going to have to wait until I go home on Wednesday to get pics! I didn't bring my cord and you don't have a media slot on your computer!!!