Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Here, There, and Everywhere

We had a great vacation to Colorado last week. Exhausting...but fun. We stayed in Ouray everynight, but managed to drive over 3000 miles throughout the week. That was way too much sitting and riding. On Sunday we drove a few "easy" trails around the area, seeing as how we just had the truck and it wouldn't have been a great idea to bounce around very much in my third trimester. We also went to Telluride and saw Bridal Veil Falls. Monday, we went to Black Canyon National Park in Montrose and got to see some of my cousins. Tuesday, we drove 3 hours to Moab, Utah, to go to both Canyonlands and Arches National Parks. I thought my legs were going to fall off from all of the walking and hiking. They were both very pretty. Alan liked Canyonlands better, but my vote is for Arches. On Wednesday we went to Silverton and Animas Forks (a ghost town). It was pretty neat to walk around buildings from that long ago. We also took some supposedly easy trails above Silverton. However, their rating must not include 8 feet of snow in some parts and it snowing so hard you can't see around you while driving. The trails were also pretty bumpy due to the lack of maintenance this early in the year. Needless to say, I did not enjoy these trails at all. My belly hurt almost the entire time, poor baby didn't know what she was getting herself into this day. Thursday was better, we went to Mesa Verde National Park. We took a walking tour for the Spruce House and Cliff Palace. Friday we went back to Silverton and did the Old Hundred Mines tour. That was pretty neat, although probably not as neat as the Salt Mines in Hutchinson. We also did a little shopping in Silverton, and the baby and I enjoyed a delicious funnel cake. Mmmmmmm!


Here are some pictures from our trip:
Snow on one of the trails we took the first day.

Bridal Veil Falls


Black Canyon National Park

Canyonlands

Arches- we needed a 6 month picture, and I didn't want to do it when anyone else was around.


Snow from Cinnamon Pass



Cliff Palace at Mesa Verde


I had my glucose test today. It wasn't as bad as everyone kept telling me. I had the orange kind, it just tasted like kool-aid that needed to be watered down. I think the lady missed when she drew my blood because my arm is going to have a big bruise tomorrow. It hurt more than the first time I had blood drawn.

Anyway...did I mention that it is HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And to think we're not even in the 90's yet.

3 comments:

Jamie B said...

Go SWIMMING! Thas was my favorite thing to do when I was pregnant....getting in the water takes the pressure of your joints and it cools you down all at the same time..just keep drinking water! :)

Shaun & Kaitlen Ortman said...

You didn't reach the 90's yet?!? It was 98 here yesterday! Don't you want to come for harvest?

I really like the picture of Bridal Veil.

Alan and Kristen said...

Okay, I was wrong about the 90's thing. The heat index was 105 yesterday. I just thought it was me! I'm planning on going swimming today at my parents.