Friday, June 5, 2009

Fear Not!


This week went by in a whirlwind, but I had so much fun. I'm not sure exactly how many years I've been helping with the preschoolers during VBS, but I think it's 9. I can honestly say that this was one of the best years. Yes, we did have some wild kids (who really should count as more than one child based on their energy level and the level of energy they require from you), but we also had a lot of really sweet kids. I loved the theme, Crocodile Dock, and the kids did pretty well at listening and remembering the stories taught. The highest number of kids we had on a single night was 21, but over the week we had around 30 different kids ranging from 3-6.

I was also amazed at the number of older kids. Each night they kept multiplying, which was so exciting to see that they wanted to invite their friends to learn about God. Over the week, the kids brought $1001 to send to a feeding center in Honduras.

We had another doctor's appointment this week and now have to start going every 2 weeks. I have to do the glucose test next time...fun, fun, fun! I am now 27 weeks and a few days. So far I've gained a little over 20 pounds. The baby is moving quite a bit...except when Alan comes to feel. He has only felt her move a couple times because every time he puts his hand on my stomach, she stops squirming. He's starting to take it personally, but maybe he has the calming effect on her (let's hope).

4 comments:

Shaun & Kaitlen Ortman said...

I'm glad your week at VBS went so good- I too loved the theme (Group is so creative!). I can relate to the energy levels of the kiddos... those boys can just run and run and run.

As for Alan having a calming effect on little baby Koller.... maybe that means he has earned the title of DIAPER KING and she won't fuss when she's getting her diaper changed.

Huxman Family said...

Speaking from experience Kristen, it seems whenever the "dad" tries to feel the baby move, the baby decides to stop. It was a very common thing for us too --- who knows why. Chris also started taking it personally. I think the diaper idea by Kaitlen is a great plan.

Becky said...

It's a rule-whenever anyone else comes to feel the baby it stops moving! :) the glucose test is not so bad-but I skipped it with Roc and this pregnancy-you may be able to get out of it if you Dr. does not think you are at risk! Who is your doctor by the way?

Alan and Kristen said...

I'm thinking the glucose test won't be so bad, but we'll see. My doctor is Dr. Teply, he's pretty new.