Wow, can I call a redo on today? I should have known it was going to be a bad day when I woke up 30 minutes early with a cramp in my leg. I haven't had one since I started taking Tums before I go to bed for extra calcium. Well, I apparently didn't get enough calcium yesterday, because this was a doozy. Later in the morning I laid down on the couch to try to catch up on some sleep that I missed because of not sleeping well last night. I kept having this feeling of something crawling on me. I just dismissed it as being paranoid. Well, I woke up 20 minutes later to the phone ringing and then looked in a mirror. It turns out I was not paranoid, there were actually little black bugs (smaller than an pinhead) on my face where I had scratched. Eeeewww. I immediately went into full cleaning mode trying to discover and take care of where these bugs were coming from. I vacuumed every inch of the couch, chairs, and floor. Then I threw all of the sheets, blankets, and pillows in the washing machine.
While I was still cleaning, I went by the washing machine and it smelled like something was burning. I couldn't figure it out until the load was finished. One of my pillows got stuck up around the edge of the washing machine while it was spinning and melted the polyester filling and burned a hole in the pillow. At least the washing machine didn't catch on fire, but I decided to go to Walmart to get a new pillow later this afternoon.
So, I'm at Wal-Mart and I got my pillow and then I went to get a few groceries (including a bug fogger thing to use while on vacation). I decided to get some Dr. Pepper for Alan, as he is addicted to the stuff. I picked up a 24 pack from the shelf, and the box fell apart. Do you know how much 24 cans of pop can spray and get all over you as they're spinning out of control? Well, now I do. Completely embarrased, the Walmart worker asked me if I wanted to get a new cart. Ummm, yeah I do. Not to mention that this was my second change of clothes today because of the bugs I feared were all over me, and it got my nice cushy flip flops all sticky...and my legs.
So this has been quite a day...3 hours of cleaning, 5 times vacuuming the carpets, 4 loads of laundry, 1 burnt pillow, 24 cans of pop spraying all over me, and 1 dog rolling in cat poop later, Alan walked in and asked how my day was? Little did he know. The good news was that we had a supper club get together tonight with several people from church...and all went well.
How To Keep A Sponge From Smelling
2 years ago
1 comment:
I know I shouldn't be, but I was laughing through the whole post. Why??? Because it sounds like a day I would have. It's always good to be able to go to bed and start over the next day. It sounds like the only way tomorrow can go is UP! Good luck!
Post a Comment