Friday, May 1, 2009

Alan's new project

Alan and I both took today off so we could come to his parents' for a 3-day weekend. He has been waiting for jeep parts to arrive, and they finally did about 2 weeks ago. He spent the day working on the jeep, and it's finally starting to look like a jeep. Although, it's going to be a very tall jeep. I think he's going to need to attach a step so that I can climb in. I'm a fairly tall person, but there's no way I can climb that high without a step. I will post pictures at a later time because my battery is about to die on my camera, and I still need it this weekend.

I spent the day catching up on projects that I haven't had the time for lately. I do have to say I didn't miss being at work...sorry girls. This week has been crazy, so I felt like it was a good break. Our dogs also enjoyed swimming this afternoon in the pond. I think Gunner would prefer to have a heart attack while swimming than any other way of death. And they also play this game of let's see how wet we can get and then go shake all over Kristen. (Not my favorite game.)

We had another doctor's appointment this week. The doctor said things looked fine on the sonogram, but said he needed us to have another because they did not get a good picture of the baby's upper lip and the brain/back of head. So I am going in on Tuesday to have another sonogram. Darn, I have to go see our baby again. :) I didn't argue with him, but did ask to make sure insurance would cover another. Alan is not going to take off again so soon to go, so I asked my mom to go with me. My niece is also coming, I thought she would like to see the baby, too.

I did not, however, like to step on the scale. It wasn't nice this time. I have found that it is better to weigh myself at home that morning just to prepare myself for that number at the doctor's. I have really been feeling the baby move around a lot lately. It's pretty cool, but I'm afraid for when she gets quite a bit bigger. My energy level during the day has improved, but I find that I overdo myself and need to go to bed early at night. I am one who needs her sleep.

Well, tomorrow's a busy day, with Moundridge garage sales in the AM and a bridal shower for Christy in the afternoon.

No comments: