Today was our big day for a field trip. We were scheduled to take 78 first graders to a place in Kansas City. It rained last night and they called this morning to cancel on us. How do you tell first graders for the 2nd time in a year that their field trip is cancelled? (Pumpkin patch was rained out and the Walmart field trip wasn't much.) Anyway, to make a long story short, we decided to take the kids to the zoo.
We were in the rainforest and I told my kids before we entered that I didn't want to hear one word about the smell. They did great on that. However, we were looking at the otters and one of my little girls came up to me and said, "Mrs. Koller, I think a bird dooceed on my head." (Forgive me for not knowing how to spell dooceed.) Sure enough, a bird had pooped all over her head. Thank goodness she had her sweatshirt hood up. Luckily, I had grabbed a package of baby wipes to take with us...just in case they were needed.
So, the moral behind the story is that even in a rainforest, you should have baby wipes along.
How To Keep A Sponge From Smelling
2 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment