Friday, April 17, 2009

It's A Girl!!!!!!

We had our sonogram yesterday, and found out we are having a little girl. (Alan was right, and he hasn't stopped rubbing it in.) I can't even imagine how spoiled she is going to be, and I think Alan is already wrapped around her finger. He has said that there will be a limit on the amount of pink.

I am still amazed at how much you can see on a sonogram. We got to see that our little girl is a wiggle worm. She kept crossing and uncrossing her legs, putting her hands behind her head, and sticking her tongue out (that comes from the Carlson side). I felt the baby move yesterday morning before work for the first noticeable time, and I thought it was kicking. Apparently, she was punching me instead. I will post scans of the sonogram when I get back home.

My class took a vote yesterday before my appointment on whether they thought it was a boy or girl. They voted 13 to 5 that it was a girl. They were excited to find out that they were right. I also enjoyed keeping the secret from coworkers overnight. At my school, there is a pattern going of babies born. I think it starts with girl, girl, boy, boy, girl, girl, boy (on the way), boy (on the way), and now me...girl. I'm pretty sure I'm number 9 in the pattern. At least the pressure is off of me to keep the pattern going.

Well, I'll get those pics posted in a couple of days. Only 21 1/2 days of school left!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Becky said...

Congratulations!!! Girls are fun and you will have a great time! Are you keeping the name a surprise till she is born?

Sherri said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sherri said...

Congratulations!!! I'm still a little disappointed that you're not having twins though. Ha, ha!

Alan and Kristen said...

Yes, we are keeping the name a secret. I have to have something to drive people crazy.

Sherri-I'm not so disappointed about not having twins. I think our baby will be so spoiled being the first baby grandchild on both sides that two might be impossible.