Well, it's that time of year again, and who would have thought I'd be saying "When can I just teach?" We started our benchmark testing for reading and math last week, and I am still not finished. I feel like all the kids have done lately is work quietly by themselves, and all I've done is testing, testing, and more testing. Hopefully with one more day of the kids working on packets of worksheets I can get finished, provided everyone is there tomorrow. I tried letting them do centers while I tested...not such a good idea, they were loud. Okay, enough with talk about school.
I am really looking forward to Christmas break...only nine days to go! I am already starting to make my list of things to get accomplished, and I'm finding myself putting off other things and saying "I'll just do that over Christmas." I know I'm not going to have enough time to make my jeeping scrapbook for our latest trip to Cassville, Missouri, clean the house (including weeding out my closet), and maybe even finding out where the wasp are coming from in the house. Yeah, you read that right. I have killed 6 wasp in the house in the last month. They are barely moving, but I have no idea where they are coming from, it's like they are hatching one by one.
Alan still has not gotten his deer this year. He's had a couple of opportunities, but it just wasn't right. Maybe his dreams are too big. :) He has been slowly working on a new project... another jeep. He's decided it's time to start fixing up his Willy's and has been bringing back pieces and parts from his parents' house (where it is being stored).
Well, that's about it with our lives right now. I'll try to make it more interesting next time.
How To Keep A Sponge From Smelling
2 years ago
1 comment:
You teachers bragging about your Christmas breaks. Aagh! :) Just kidding, I'm just jealous that I only get two days off from work while my husband and kids get to sleep in every morning.
Post a Comment