Tonight I had to say goodbye to two wonderful people. I have went to church with Jim and Kathy Billings for close to 10 years. They have meant the world to me. It has been a dream of theirs to move back to North Carolina, and they thought they had better do it now, rather than wait until it was too late.
They have been there for the important days in my life... my high school graduation, our wedding, and my college graduation. I can always count on Jim for a hug or a word of encouragement. I have seen them go through life's ups and downs. Kathy had a lung transplant many years ago, and has had various health difficulties as a result. She has also been in and out of the hospital several times with broken bones. Jim is like the energizer bunny, he keeps going and going and going. He cleaned the church with my grandma. He whistles as he vacuums, and puts more effort into the cleaning jobs than he should, all the while, one of the happiest people I know.
It's amazing that Pastor Mark's message today was on being thankful because that is exactly what I am. I feel so blessed to have been part of Jim and Kathy's lives. They will truely be missed in Topeka, but they are already planning their trip back in May. We may have to plan a trip to North Carolina someday in the future.
2 comments:
I totally agree... we have been blessed by Jim and Kathy! I wish I had been there to say "goodbye."
What a sweet post. I too love these two people! I am sure they will truly be missed at the church!
Post a Comment