Saturday, December 27, 2008

Recap on the Christmas Week

Wow, what a week! This past week has been full of spending time with family and relaxing on my break. It all started last week with Christmas with my mom's side of the family. Then we went down to Moundridge Wednesday afternoon and got to go to Eden for Christmas Eve and Christmas morning services. It was fun to see all of the kids perform on Christmas Eve. We visited Alan's grandpa on Christmas day and had fun playing dominoes with him. Then we went to Keith and Mary's for Christmas with Alan's side of the family. We got to enjoy verinika and sausage, as well as the all time favorite marshmallows dipped in caramel and rolled in rice krispies (Thank you Dorinda and Mark!). After stuffing ourselves as full as we could, we exchanged gifts. And by the way, I think it is still wrong to come home with the gift you brought ;).

After the gift exchange, we played the Name Game. I have no idea what the official name for this game is, but I think it is one of the best games I've ever played. First, you write down everyone's name and put the names in a bucket. Then each person picks a name and that is their "identity" for that game. All in all, you are trying to move people around by figuring out their names and the goal is to get either 4 men or 4 women on a couch. For those of you keeping score...the women rocked at this game! We also had two of Marty and Dorinda's boys on our team, and I think they were the best players. This is a great game for everyone to play, young or old; and it really gives you a challenge, especially after you play several rounds and have to figure out everyone's new identities. We also played Catchphrase where you have to give clues to figure out the word given.

Friday morning we had brunch with Alan's parents and Ross and Christy. Then we headed home and went to my uncle and aunt's house in Burlingame for Christmas with my dad's side of the family. Once again, I ate way too much, there are just too many delicious choices. Today I went with my parents and grandparents to Kansas City to see my grandma's cousins. Then we got caught in the snow on the way home. How can we have 70 degree weather yesterday, and have 2 inches of snow the next?????

Wow, this is a long post. To wrap things up, my vacation is going great and I am trying to get a lot done around the house. Next weekend we are planning on going back to Dodge City for another hunting trip, if the weather is going to be nice.

Have a great New Year's! (Alan is now looking through my Where's Waldo books I got for my class from the library. Will he ever grow up?)

1 comment:

Becky said...

4 on the Couch! One of my favorite youth group games ever!!! Sounds like a great time!