Saturday, October 18, 2008

Fireproof

So, I finally got to see the movie Fireproof today. I recommend it to everyone. I thought some of the acting was a bit fake (what should a person think for volunteer actors), but the overall result was great. We went with our Sunday school class, so it was fun to hear their reactions to the movie as well. I won't give any of it away because I know some of you readers haven't seen it yet, but you need to. I love the fact that they are putting Christian beliefs out in the movie theaters, we need more movies like this.

A quick update on life... We worked on the shed and cellar today. My grandparents and parents came to help us straighten the shed's foundation and to fix the cracks and holes in the cellar. These are two projects that we never did when we were working on the house and finally got around to. I was afraid to go in the cellar because I didn't know what was living down there. On the sticky pads that were on the floor were 4 baby snakes and lots and lots of other bugs. We found one baby snake on a sticky pad by the furnace on the main level. I'm hoping there are NO snakes slithering in the house. Anyway, we put quickcrete in the holes, so hopefully it will keep some of the creatures out. My grandma and I also started the endless task of raking the acorns from the yard. They were EVERYWHERE. I think the total number of wheelbarrow loads was 9 or 10. We didn't get them all, but you have to stop eventually. Plus, we'll have leaves to rake soon, so it really doesn't matter.

The dogs had fun playing outside a lot today. I finally had to put them away when Gunner decided he wanted to play football with the neighbor boys. Other than that, they did pretty good about sticking around the yard. I think they knew that if they wandered, they'd be put away. It was good for them to not be pinned up so much today, I think their kennel would get pretty boring.

No comments: