Thursday, September 25, 2008

I'm not a fan of 8 legged creatures!

Today has been a creepy-crawly day for me. I woke up this morning and turned on the bathroom light. There in the shower was the biggest spider I've ever seen outside of a nature center that wants huge spiders. It didn't move, and I debated over what to do. I went to the bedroom to wake Alan up so that he could take care of it. No such luck, he's a sound sleeper. My next thought was to get it in a container to save for Alan...and that way I wouldn't have to squash it. Well, I got it in a container and left it in the shower until Alan woke up. I showed it to him and told him that he has the job of going in the cellar to find out where these things are coming from. Then I thought, what do I do with it now? I know it's completely cruel, but I just took it to the dumpster and threw it away, container and all. I feel a little bad about that, but then again, he was the invader.


Then I got to school, I was openning the door to go in the building, and there under the door was another wolf spider! Split second decision, but I squashed him. Gross! I don't want those in the school, especially my room!


Tonight, I took the trash out to the road (yes, the one with the spider trapped in the container). When I was coming back, I was headed to the hose to wash my hands. There by the porch was yet ANOTHER wolf spider! What is going on today???? I sprayed him with the hose until he died. Okay, I do feel completely cruel, but come on. Three wolf spiders in one day? Am I supposed to develop a liking toward these 8 legged creatures?
Here are a couple of pics of the 1st spider from the shower.

1 comment:

mycattripoli said...

Sorry, I'm just a blog surfer and I saw the spider post and had to read. Love your post. Although I love spiders, I agree; they don't belong in the house.

-Aaron